The wonderful world of Etsy

Monday, August 24, 2015

What do you think of when you hear the word Etsy? A wonderful world of handmade goodies, everything from cupcakes to handmade leather sex toys? Or do you think of a site where bored housewives decide to try and sell their crocheted booties? It is all of that. Etsy is a site where so many people from all walks of life go to put their works of the heart out there for you and everyone else to judge. Moms, daughter, grandmas, dad's, waiters, businessmen, all of these people can be found on etsy selling just about anything you could want. But, most  a LOT of Etsy sellers are women that are trying to help offset costs at home or want to make enough to quit their 9-5 job and stay home creating, not for the money but for the feeling of being able to make something with your own hands and have someone else say "Wow, I love this!". Starting at least once a month I will be featuring one etsy seller. Some will be shop owners that have very successful shops and know all the ins and outs. Others will be sellers that are just getting out there with their items. So, to start off our Etsy Seller Feature for this month we are going to feature Megan from ShiMMer.
Megan began her etsy shop just this July!!! She sells some beautiful hand stamped jewelry. 

She makes items for EVERYONE from teachers (it's not too late for that back to school gift), photographers, and just inspirational pieces. She is one of the many sellers on etsy that also has a job outside of creating. When asked about her store she said the name came from her daughter "The name fits perfectly not because the jewelry I make is shimmering but because shimmer means to shine with a tremulous light. Very fitting for my personality. I like to shine but can be lacking in courage and let my shyness get in my way at times." I totally think that is something every one of us can relate too.
So what does an etsy seller like Megan love to make most? "My favorite item to make would be anything custom. I know that with out a doubt that piece will be cherished for years to come and love seeing the excitement on my customers faces when they see it."
One of the main thing us etsy sellers love is seeing our customer happy, no matter what. Every once in a while you will come across that one seller that could care less about customer service but that is rare. Make sure you head over to ShiMMer and check our all of Megan's pieces. The holidays are right around the corner and these would make ADORABLE gifts (I am looking at all the husbands out there). Do you have a talent you want to share with the world? I asked Megan what advice she had for anyone wanting to open and etsy shop and she summed it up PERFECTLY.
"To anyone who has been wanting to open a shop of your own I say GO FOR IT! I'm a big believer in accomplishing your dreams. We get so busy in our everyday life that we sometimes for get about things that make us happy so do something for yourself and give it everything you've got!!"

6 comments:

  1. I love those necklaces and am such a huge fan of stamped jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Etsy is the best! It's not too early to Christmas shop right!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all!!! Since these can be personalized they make perfect gifts.

      Delete
  3. I love this - Be bold and create, put yourself out there! Love the jewelry. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hand stamped jewelry! My favorite necklace is one with my blog logo :)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground